Saturday, February 22, 2014

back after 4.5 years

It was 22 February when I finally went back to the church I once visited with Jun and Sari 4.5 years ago after Taizé. I don’t remember the name of the church but I can’t forget how glowing and shiny the altar was. It was so glamour for me at that time, but yes it left some marks in my memory.


Then I remembered about this church, so I went there for a Saturday mass with Rian, as at that time he was here for short travelling. It was full, and still with its beautiful, shiny and glowing altar.  There is a story about this chapel that makes it so special. Once Virgin Mary appeared in front of Saint Catherine Labouré in 1830 and requested the creation of the medal which came to be known as the Miraculous Medal.

The mass was meaningful that afternoon, remembering that I finally got the chance to be back to the place I have never thought before.  Old memories came back to my mind and I remembered that I prayed and asked to be given another chance to be back to that church again. And yes, Virgin Mary, Jesus and God gave me the chance. It’s another slide added to my life in faith. It’s also another prove to myself that ‘you’ll never know how things will turn out’ ‘keep on praying and dreaming cause they do come true’.

p.s.: It’s actually not a church, but a chapel called Chapelle Notre-Dame de la médaille miraculeuse

No comments:

Post a Comment