Thursday, July 4, 2013

a reminder for myself

So this has been my fourth day of doing nothing in the office. what I mean by nothing is really nothing. 
I don't pretend to be busy anymore. I use my mobile all the time eventhough my spv is right next to me. I have been asking for more than 10 times, "t'as besoin d'aider?' which means 'do you need help', and also the second most frequent word is 'si t'as besoin d'aider, tu m'as dire, stp' which means 'If you need help, please let me know'. 

I keep on offering help and she says no. She is not that busy, and eventhough she has work to do, it's not something I can help. So here I am, end up writing for my blog in the middle of the working hour. 

I still have another week to go for the internship and I do not know what I will do during my last week.  If we think about work-efficiency, it's better for me to be home, start packing my stuff, arranging my trips, etc., but once again, this is a full-time internship for 2 months, so I have to be here, till next week. 
I am fine of having no job at all in the office. it's boring but that's still fine, I can manage it. It's just so funny for me. I can be in some other part of the country and do a lot rather than being here in front of the computer and read all the news available, from the strikes in Egypt to the Indonesian singer who gets early-marriage due to 'who knows what'.  Silly? definitely. What can I do? I have done every simple un-important things I do not really need to do.

I deleted old emails, I read articles, I scanned all papers from school, I browsed news about make up, skin care, girls' stuff, etc., I read people's blogs, I checked currency as a preparation for my next 1.5-month trip, I texted my friend, I drank coffee every hour, I though about dinner tonight, what movies I will watch, menus for picnic this Sunday, filled in my sister's wedding plan lists from her WO and so on.

ahh, I also read about culinary in my home town, Lampung, in which I have visited all of them. But I found it very interesting to read it from visitor's point of view. I read about their travelling to Lampung, and it's surprising. They wrote about the long trip by car and ferry, about the view while they're in the Ferry, and about the city. I have lived in that city since I was born 'til I temporarily left for University in 2006.  I have been going back and forth with that Ferry, through all the 5-hour journey with the car for , hufh lemme think, more than 100 times? Plus another 20s times with the airplane.  When I read how they describe about how beautiful the view was, how interesting being in the Ferry and enjoy the Krakatau Volacono, I suddenly realize that I don't even remember when did the last time I enjoy the view while being in the Ferry.  
When I read their writings, it's really different. I feel like 'how could my regular trip becomes someone's special trip and sounds that interesting?' 

2009, at Krakatoa - Lampung with Rian & P.di
I found my answer "APPRECIATE".  When something or someone or some places have been becoming your daily-to-do, daily-to-meet, daily-to-go ones, we, or especially me, start to not appreciating them.  A small example, I used to be so in love with the chocolate mousse since I arrived in France 10 months ago, but now it's not that special anymore, I am  not bored with the taste, but it's just not that special as the first times. That's a simple case and that won't make any (even small) deal to your life. But It makes me realize that actually there must be a time (in the future) when my mind will start making something be less appreciated. 
How if this happens to my life, when I start not appreciating the people I meet everyday, to whom I actually have a good conversation with, the office where I work, which is nice and very comfy, the walking I have everyday, with the beautiful weather and nice people saying 'bonjour', like this morning, an old guy smiled to me nicely and said 'bonjour'. 

I am not trying to make a good reflection of how I should appreciate life nor why I should do so. It's simply a note that I will re-read in the future when I start not appreciating people, places, things, routines around me. A reminder for myself.  When (in any time) I start to complain about people around me, about the office, about the boring routines, etc.etc.etc, I should try to see it from different point of view, and it will turn out to be so much more valuable and interesting, just like reading the stories of those visitors of my home town.

No comments:

Post a Comment