Thursday, January 23, 2014

the guy in the metro

I always take Metro 1 departing from La Defense to go home from work. Since La Defense is a business area, there are many young, well-dressed, serious people taking this metro everyday. Besides, they are also good looking (typical french style) and quite smell good (with an intense smell of parfum). :D

So, today I saw one of the most good-looking and my-type western guy. I saw this good looking one in the metro, and he looks like a very cool young french businessman. He was also well-behaved and , I guess, well-educated.well, it was my spontaneous judgement from how he acted during the busy hour in metro and also to other passangers.  Hahaha... so, eventhough I had to stand in the metro full with people, it was fine, at least there is a very nice view to be enjoyed along the journey.
Now I know, all the handsome french guys are living in Paris and working in La Defense. The good thing is my office is at the same direction. Lucky me!

Today on the way home, I was thinking that I start enjoying my life in this big city. I love smaller city like Orléans, but still, capital city is always interesting for me. Eventhough I have to squeeze myself into the metro, climb so many stairs to change the metro line, take the bus, face the cold weather, etc., but still, after I figure out how everything works here, all is fine for me. Yeah, you will spend (much) more time in the public transportation, everything is more pricey, things are more competitive, and being individualist is the only choice left, but at the same time, you also can enjoy the other side of it. There are more choices available, from education, food, entertainment, etc.  Personally, I always want to challenge myself to survive in the capital city. As Indonesian phrase says "ibukota lebih kejam dari ibu tiri", it is true somehow, but it is also one of the reason that interest me to prove to myself that I can survive here. It is to once again to prove that I am growing up and I can solve everything by myself, especially in the big city where nobody is helping you.  There will come a time, at the end, when I have been successfully survive in the capital city, and that feeling is the best ever.  Survive does not mean only living and visiting the city for me. It is when you I feel comfortable of doing things here, be in the know-how stage for my personal issues, earn some money and living for a longer period, travel around the city without fear of being lost, be comfortable to go where without being skeptical (because I know how to solve it if things go wrong). Jakarta was my first city and maintenant je suis en train de le faire ici, à la capitale du monde, Paris. 

No comments:

Post a Comment