Sunday, November 3, 2013

being 24 for the last time

In couple of hours I am moving on from 24 to 25. So I dedicate few hours left to remember what I have been through for a whole year of being 24. I crossed some points from my dream list already!

- have my French laptop
- see snow for the first time (incl. having my boots (now I have 3) and coats for the first time)
- pass by in Riyadh and Jeddah (so happy I did this)
- start my blog
- know the smell of canabis (and I hate it)
- visit my best friend in Sicily and be with her during her pregnancy
- survive in France (with its vicious-circle paperwork)
- finish my first year of Master
- do my internship in France
- speak French (not that good yet)
- in love with Vienna (and definitely will return there)
- within France, I love Lyon the most
- back to my little heaven (after 4 years of dreaming, praying, hoping and wishing on every bday)
- hitch hiking
- celebrate my sisters' wedding (two in a year)
- spend time with my mom and dad (for real)
- sleep in my bedroom in hometown again after years
- meet my old schoolmate (we haven't seen each other for 7 years)
- celebrate Kir's wedding (we're best friend since we're 13)
- gather with the 'destiny' girls
- go to Hongkong and meet my Tz friends from 4 years ago
- get used to travelling for long hours
- chatting with my mom (she is so into technology now!)
- travel to places I'd never thought I would ever go
- ...

The three best of all, first, I understand myself better than a year ago. I start to have some clues of what I want for my life. There were many times that I had to decide things by myself, and I did it even with a huge hesitation everytime I have to do it. I used to be in the middle of the road. Well, I am still there, but I have a better me who is ready to face it. 
Second, i know who my real friends are. I don't bother meeting people just for a sake of networking. I meet the people I talk with wherever I am during the good and bad times.
And the most important part, I understand, realize, feel, respect the time of being with my family and be part of them, for real.  This is something I appreciate the most.

I thank You, God, for being the one realizing and teahing me all of these during my 24 yo. I am fully blessed for being who I am. I do complain, I do feel sad, I do feel annoyed, I do feel lonely but I do feel happy and excited about my life. Okay, being 25 is not young anymore, with more expectations from other, more responsibility, more decision to make plus I should start with my anti-aging cream already, but I will enjoy it.
happy birthday to me, soon!
Some wishes for 25: finish my master, start my career, and be with the one I am happy with.

p.s: One day I read a sentence "How if you had already achieved your dreams, will you have anything left for your life?" This stucks on my head for years. Now, I know the answer. For me, dreaming is a never ending story.  You will achieve your dream, you will grow up, you will forget yout previous ambitions, you will create another dream and you will adjust to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment